Pages

Denver Art



While in Denver visited the Clyfford Still Museum and the Denver Art Museum
To be honest I didn't know who Clyfford Still was till we went to the museum but I really liked his paintings. The Denver Art museum is big so you need a lot of time to go through it all. We didn't go to all the exhibitions.


The Clyfford Still Museum


Clyfford Still (1904-1980) was an abstract expressionist. He didn't want his work exhibited unless there was a museum dedicated solely to his work. "The Still Museum collection, which represents 95% of the artist's lifetime output, includes approximately 3125 works created between 1920 and 1980." Since they always change the works that are displayed if you revisit the museum another time you will probably see different paintings. 


I also really liked the building which is is designed by Brad Cloepfil. It is made from concrete and it allows natural light to come through the ceiling (as you can see on the picture above).


Entrance fee: $10 (adult)
Tip: Check the website.  Purchasing tickets online is a dollar cheeper. Sometimes they have free days. You might be lucky! 
Pictures are allowed but no flash. Not that you really need it!   

The Denver Art Museum



I really liked the Tom Wesselmann exhibition but the Bronze one I didn't like that much. Not my style. We also went the the Asian Art Collection. In both the Wesselmann and Bronze exhibitions photos were not allowed so sorry guys no photos :( 
But here are some random ones from around the museum. 





Entrance fee: $13. 

Photos are not allowed everywhere so look out for the signs.  
I somehow miss them and I always get yelled at. ugh.

 Insta @setiyeti
Follow me on bloglovin 

Seti Yeti